Friday, October 20, 2006

being sick = no fun

yesterday i had a minor sore throat, but convinced myself that i simply smoked too much weed the previous night. then i woke up this morning and couldn't breathe through my nose and it became apparent that i have been in denial. i am sick. i really hate being sick - which seems superfluous to say, but i really hate being sick. most of you are probably telling me to "get over it" as you read this, seeing that i work from home and can just crawl into bed at my leisure. i'm a mere 2 feet (if that) from my wonderfully cozy bed, yet the last of the four jobs that i'm supposed to get out ASAP is staring me in the face and mocking me incessantly. i hate it, too.

at least today is Friday, my favorite day of the week. i’ll do what i need to do, rest when/if i can and suck it up. fear not, you WILL see me at The Whaler for happy hour.

No comments: